Monday, April 26, 2010

'p' is for 'heath'


There are only a handful of people who will get this title, but with some digging around, you may enter into that secret cult. Don't worry: you won't be asked to drink poisoned Kool-Aid in some tropical South American rainforest.

I made a few digital prints today that I'm very excited about. They include all three photos that I posted on this blog yesterday. Tonight, I give you the letter "P".




I photographed this fire hose in Chelsea Market. I had to ask a group of teenagers if I could squeeze behind the table they were eating lunch at. There's nothing like momentarily intruding on the lives of adolescents to make anyone anxious. They're can be unpredictable! Fortunately for me, this group hailed from a pleasant tribe of pubescent homo sapiens and they granted me access so I could work on my project. I didn't stick around long enough to listen to any snide comments they may have made behind my back.







Not a terrific photograph, but I found it amusing that a sign and signpost shaped like the letter "P" would have a "P" crossed out. This sign is also a double negative of sorts: no parking and no littering. New York City has gotten creative with its signage. Especially clever? The use of a push-broom to cross out the "P" on the sign.

See full album here.

No comments: