Sunday, April 18, 2010

aitch





closed gate



wooden beams

These beams form the support for the stairs and small stoop up on the second floor of our apartment. I'm always amazed by how sturdy they are -- they have withstood lots of weight without fail. In some way, they remind me of those guys in the gym who lift a ton with their upper body but have skinny chicken legs. Somehow, those legs manage to hold up their brawny torsos.


broken fence post

A broken fence post at dusk steps in as a lowercase 'h'. I love the shallow depth of field, in which you can just make out the house in the background. I had some reservations about walking through the neighborhood, firing off flash photos in the direction of people's homes. Seems a little sketchy, if you ask me. I was waiting for someone to come running out screaming at me. Didn't happen, though!


No comments: