Friday, April 16, 2010

f


Quality over quantity rules the day. "F"s were hard to come by, and though I ended up with 5 or 6 photographs, only these two made the cut.

I've been wondering about how children learn the alphabet, and whether they "see" letters in a way comparable to this project. I think that children, their minds malleable and their imagination much more willing to play along with their senses, will look around and just perceive things in ways we, as adults, would never think to do. At times the letters just jump out at me, as I imagine happens for children, while at other times, I actively scour my surroundings for any semblance of letters of the alphabet. The latter proves quite cognitively taxing.





fancy fence

The curlicue designs of railings, fences, and gates contain letters galore. Some of them are beautiful works of art!

No comments: