Monday, January 4, 2010

cell phone photography


The latest fad in photography seems to be a shift toward less equipment, smaller cameras, lower resolution: cell phone cameras. Everywhere I turn, there's a new book or a new blog displaying what someone has done with their phone. Perhaps I would jump on the bandwagon if I hadn't spent so much money on a DSLR not too long ago. Or maybe I would be more inclined to whip out my cell phone to take photographs if my Motorola sported something better than a 1.3MP camera (there was a time when 1.3MP was amazing!). Nonetheless, here are a few of my own creations, taken in the past year.


the largest mozzarella stick ever
courtesy of the brickhouse café, dedham, MA



dogs driving a mini-cooper
princeton, NJ



a walk in the snow



sunset over the charles river
watertown, MA



sunset over a parking lot
dedham, MA



clouds at sunset
(i love the lighting created by standing with the sun at my back, but beware the digital zoom -- it wreaks havoc on already questionable image quality)


No comments: